Labioplasty with Dr Ashley
It is difficult for a woman to present and to be examined by a strange doctor and reveal her intimate feelings and self. We know that when a women presents with the view to having a labioplasty, that she had been thinking and battling with the problem for a long time, often many years.
This demands sensitivity and respect by the Doctor and staff.
What is a Labioplasty?
It is the trimming of the inner lips of the vulva, at the opening of the vagina. Many women have thick elongated and protruding inner lips or labia and this may be trimmed to protrude less and be hidden by the outer lips of the vulva.
What are the symptoms?
1. There may be no physical symptoms but an embarrassment about the size and shape of the Labia Minora especially with the trend to shave, wax or laser the pubic and vulva hair.
2. Physical discomfort with chaffing with tight clothes such as g strings, tight jeans and sportswear.
3. The Labia Minora in some women actually falls out of their underwear or bikini.
4. Discomfort with intercourse resulting in chaffing and swelling as the Labia Minora are dragged in and out with penile penetration. This is more so when lubrication is inadequate during intercourse.
5. Pain and discomfort with horse riding and bicycle riding.
Trimming of the Labia Minora usually eliminates most of these issues.
After the Procedure
The procedure is normally done under local anaesthetic with the patient going home the same day. It is important to have someone drive you home and stay overnight.
The next day or within a few days you must come back to the Clinic for your first post-operative check. You can expect to experience some discomfort in the first few days following surgery.
You will be able to resume normal light activities by the next day, however, we recommend you take five to ten days off work and avoid sexual intercourse until 30 to 45 days after the procedure.
Labioplasty needs to be taken seriously and women must be treated with understanding, sensitivity, respect, honesty and skill.
For more information on Labioplasty or any other vaginal surgery procedure please feel free to contact the Me Clinic on 9569 3511 or click here