Are feather touch brows a good idea?
If you like the idea of feather touch brows but aren’t sure if they’re for you, here’s a run-down of how they work and some of the benefits you can enjoy from giving them a try.
What are feather touch brows?
Whether you know them as Feather Touch Brows, Microblading, Eyebrow Tattoos or Permanent Make-up, a feather touch brow is a semi-permanent tattoo that can improve the look and shape of your eyebrows which can last up to two years.
Created using high quality pigments, feather touch brows are formed by making small feather like strokes which resemble the natural hairs that make up the rest of the brow, to produce a thicker, fuller, more attractive eyebrow.
The benefits of feather touch brows
There are so many reasons to love feather touch brows. Here are a few of the benefits you can enjoy from having the treatment:
- Save time every day: With our increasingly busy lifestyles, almost everyone would consider themselves to be time-poor, so any opportunity to gain some extra time each day would be very welcomed. When your brows look great from the moment you wake up, you can generally get away without needing to do too much beyond the basics, allowing you to simplify your beauty regime and save some extra valuable minutes each morning while getting ready for work or in the evening before you head out for dinner or drinks.
- Have that ‘always done’ look: While they may require some very basic aftercare immediately following treatment, once your feather touch brows are completed they require very little maintenance, meaning you can adopt a ‘set and forget’ approach. Whether you’ve just stepped out of the shower, swimming pool or gym, your brows will always look amazing. While people with some skin types may require a colour enhancement 6-8 months after the initial treatment, you’ll look great all the time without the need for any regular maintenance.
- They look natural: Using the Fibonacci guage, feather touch brows are designed and selected specifically to suit your face and enhance your natural features. The pigment shade used can also be colour-matched to perfectly compliment your skin tone, providing a more natural and youthful appearance.
- Bigger is better: Gone are the days when paper-thin brows were all the rage. Today, you just need to take one look at all the latest runways, fashion shoots, celebrities or Instagram feeds to see how much love there is for fuller and thicker brows. As an added bonus, feather touch brows also make you look amazing in photos by adding extra character and definition to the face.
- They’re great for men: Feather touch brows aren’t just for women—plenty of men are opting for a designer man-brow too. A more defined brow line can highlight facial features and make your cheeks, lips and bone structure more noticeable, creating a more youthful appearance.
- You can try before you buy: One of the greatest fears about getting feather touch brows is the thought that you could end up stuck with an unattractive brow that you instantly regret. However, provided you carefully select who performs the treatment, it’s unlikely that will happen because you’ll be able to ‘try before you buy’. During your initial consultation with your aesthetician, you will have the opportunity to see what the brows will look like on your face to ensure you select the best size, shape and colour for you.
- There’s no downtime after the treatment: Unlike many cosmetic treatments, there’s no downtime after a feather touch brow treatment. Because there’s no redness or swelling, you can get straight back to what you were doing without the need for any time-out.
But there’s one catch…
The one thing you must consider carefully before having your pay some close consideration to when getting feather touch brows done is who you choose to perform the treatment. Because they are a semi-permanent treatment and are in a highly visible location, it is integral that you have them done by a professional.
By choosing an expertly trained, experienced professional to perform the treatment you can take the uncertainty out of the process because you’ll have confidence in the practitioner.
At ME Clinic, our Permanent Make Up (PMU) Aesthetic Practitioner Anthea Palmer is an expert in the field, having been performing feather touch brow treatments for many years. During an initial 45-minute consultation, Anthea can walk you through the full range of options and offer her professional advice to help you choose the most appropriate brow design to perfectly compliment your natural features.
Once you’ve selected the optimum brow design, Anthea can perform the treatment over two, two-and-a-half hour appointments, spaced four to six weeks apart, to ensure the ideal depth and definition of the brow. Costing $890, you’ll be sure to love your new feather touch brows when you choose ME Clinic.