Why feather touch brows are the real winner this racing season
It’s almost that time of year when the sun comes out of hibernation, the flowers start to bloom and we all flock to the race track to make the most of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival. Whether you love it for the fashion or the fillies, there’s no question that we all want to look our best at every race meet.
At Me Clinic, we have the perfect solution that will simplify your race day beauty regime and ensure you’re always set to impress—feather touch brows.
Why you’ll love feather touch brows
If you’ve never tried feather touch brows before, you won’t look back after once you’ve seen what they can do. Here are just some of the reasons why we know you’ll love them:
- The gift of more time: Who couldn’t do with a little extra time in their day? You already have enough on your plate, so anything that gives you a few extra minutes each morning should be welcomed with open arms. Feather touch brows look amazing from the moment you wake up until your head hits the pillow in the evening, without having to do a thing. When you’re time-poor, feather touch brows simplify your beauty regime and allow you to get by with only the basics while ensuring you still look great.
- They’re on-trend: Gone are the days of the paper-thin brow. Today, bigger is definitely better. From the runways to Hollywood, everyone who’s anyone is sporting a thicker, fuller brow—and it’s not hard to work out why. Not only do feather touch brows add extra definition and character to make you look amazing in photos, but they also have the effect of softening the face to create a more youthful appearance.
- They’re customised to suit you: No two faces are the same, which is why a one-size-fits-all approach to creating the perfect brow doesn’t work. Feather touch brows can be applied using a range and combination of techniques to achieve the ideal look that will complement and enhance your natural features.
- The results are immediate: Following treatment, your brows will immediately appear 30-40% darker and up to 15% larger, before gradually settling in the days following treatment. As a painless procedure, your brow treatments won’t cause any significant disruptions to your lifestyle and you can return to work immediately after treatment.
There’s a style for everyone
Depending on the look you want to achieve, we can use a range of techniques to create your ideal brow. Shea, our expert Permanent Makeup Aesthetician, will advise on the most suitable technique to suit your individual requirements.
As a general guide, these are the techniques that will be most effective at achieving the look you’re after:
- Natural-looking: If you don’t like to wear a lot of make-up and prefer a more natural look, Microblading (Feathering) is the way to go. By applying individual hair strokes on the skin to replicate natural hair growth, you can achieve a more subtle and natural result.
- Sharp and perfected arch: The Ombre technique which applies a gradient of colour monochromatically through the brow to achieve an even spread of colour without any gaps is ideal. This technique is also great if you have thick or oily skin which has difficulty retaining colour from Microblading (feathering).
- Dramatic and long-lasting: The Powder/Shading technique can be effective if you want to create a brow that is a little more dramatic and longer-lasting than individual hair strokes. By pixelating the pigment, the technique mimics the shadowing and shading of the brows to achieve a similar look to wearing a brow powder.
- A fuller, 3D effect: If you want a fluffy, natural look with some soft shading throughout the middle of the brow to create a more 3D effect, Microblading can be combined with Shading (known as a Combination Brow) to do exactly that. A Combination Brow can be a great way to ease you into the look of a fuller, thicker brow.
When you attend a consultation at Me Clinic, Shea will discuss the various options in detail and advise which brow shape and technique will best compliment your natural features.
Our brow treatments are performed over two sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart. This provides ample time for your skin to heal completely between sessions and allows you to adjust to your new brow style and shape before we enhance it as much or as little as you desire.
At each session, we apply a Topical Anaesthetic to numb the area as well as continually applying additional numbing gel throughout the procedure to make the process as comfortable as possible.
Feather touch brows are semi-permanent, meaning they will require an occasional colour enhancement to keep them looking their best. While factors such as your skin type, lifestyle and environmental factors will influence how long each treatment lasts, most clients require a colour enhancement at 6-12 months for Microblading or 12-18 months for other techniques.
Now is the time to get race ready
Don’t leave it too late to get your brows in tip-top shape before the racing season arrives. Get ahead of the pack and book your brow consultation at Me Clinic today.