Tips to restore your skin pre and post sun exposure
Tips for a better skin
Healthy skin is a combination of :
- A thin epidermis (skin surface) that looks translucent and healthy.
- A thick dermis (underlying layers) to keep the volume.
If you feel your skin is tired and damaged with noticeable blemishes or scaring, come to Me Clinic for a consultation with our expert Paramedical Aesthetician, Michelle. You will receive only the best advice, tailored to your skin type and needs. Our product range includes both American and Australian products. Made with exclusively natural ingredients — no chemicals or petrochemical substances.
How to treat my skin before and after sun exposure
Preventing Sun/UV Damage:
- Wear a “broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 15 to 50+ protecting against UVA & UVB rays.
- Consider different sunscreens for the face and body. A body sunscreen will be greasier on your face and will obstruct your pores creating pimples and redness.
- Apply your sunscreen 30 to 15 min before sun exposure and reapply it every 2 hours after being in the water or perspiring.
- Don’t go under the sun at the peak hours (between 10 am to 2 pm) UV is at its highest.
- Consider a hat and protective clothing.
- Don’t expose your skin if you are taking medication (Some may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight).
How to maintain and avoid skin complexions
To avoid ageing marks, wrinkles, brown marks, redness or pimples, uneven skin tone, rough texture, fine lines, acne scars, general dullness.
- Cleanse your face morning and night, then moisturise your face according to your skin type.
- Consider using foods and products rich in antioxidants, that have Anti-inflammatory qualities to heal damage from sun exposure and keep your cells healthy.
Foods we recommend include;
- Treat: Dark chocolate.
- Vegetables with high antioxidant: Artichokes, avocados, asparagus cabbage, beetroot sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, red cabbage, tomatoes, olive oil.
- Fruits: Goji Berries, Blueberries, Strawberries, raspberries, lemon.
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts.
- Fatty fishes: salmon, mackerel, tuna, herring and sardines.
Topical Vitamin C treatments
- To have more UV protection on a cellular level and stimulate collagen.
- Correct uneven skin tone, rough texture, fine lines, acne scars, general dullness.
- It stimulates the natural regeneration process of your skin stimulating your collagen.
Topical Vitamin A treatments
- To increase collagen production.
- Strengthen skin and increase cell turnover.
- Anti-ageing purpose.
- Helpful in the treatment of acne and acne scars, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles, hyper-pigmentation, melasma, open pores, rosacea, solar keratosis, sun damage and uneven skin texture.
Topical skincare treatments (Cosmedix products) with high amounts of vitamins are best applied topically. This increases the absorption level of vitamin A in the skin.
Talk to us today and take advantage of over 35 years of Cosmetic Medicine experience. We guarantee you will be fully informed and will understand the best options before commencing any treatment.
Topical Vitamin A treatments at ME Clinic start from only $ 160, as part of our VIP program, and depending on your skin type, you would generally need between four and six treatments to achieve optimal results. Never heard about our VIP program? Give us a call for further information about becoming part of our VIP program.
An alkaline diet will include foods that age us by promoting free radical formation causing acidity and inflammation in our body. The top offenders include meat, dairy, unfermented soy products and of course coffee - disappointing we know
Exercise by oxygenating your body and skin
- Cleanse your skin straight after exercising to avoid redness and pimples.
- Meditate for less stress.
- Drink at least 2 to 3 litres a day.
Our procedures to cure Sun damage
- Limelight Facial: treatment of skin redness, tiny veins, brown spots and sun damage
- MDerma Fractional Dermal Needling: to rejuvenate and refresh your skin by increasing collagen and elastin production.
- Laser genesis: time convenient procedure that will restore your youthful glow and improve redness, brown spots, fine lines and wrinkles which are mainly caused by sun.