In case you hadn’t heard, everyone is talking about the latest thing in non-surgical face lifts – Silhouette Soft® Thread Lifts.
Want to know what all the fuss is about? Here’s the run-down…
What are Silhouette Soft® Thread Lifts?
Silhouette Soft Thread Lifts are the latest innovation revolutionising the world of non-surgical face skin tightening. While surgical facelifts are traditionally associated with scaring and a lengthy recovery period, Silhouette Soft lifts offer patients an effective, non-surgical alternative that can achieve long-lasting results.
Using a double-action effect which combines the immediate repositioning of the facial tissue with the gradual regeneration of collagen, Silhouette Soft is able to restore smoother, more toned skin and a more well-defined face in a single procedure.
How does it work?
What sets Silhouette Soft apart from other non-surgical thread procedures is the type of threads used – Silhouette Soft threads are the most superior type of threads on the market in terms of design and suture material.
Traditional threads use spikes to grab and pull facial tissue into place, often resulting in the formation of scar tissue, while Silhouette Soft threads use cone technology which provides 360° of â€œcatchâ€ to more effectively lift the facial tissue.
Silhouette Soft threads are also primarily made from Polylactic Acid (PLLA), an ingredient which when gradually reabsorbed by the body, stimulates the production of collagen which is known for its ability to restore the contours of the face and provide long-term results.
Why everyone is loving Silhouette Soft
Since first entering the market, the popularity of Silhouette Soft thread lifts has grown rapidly and it’s not hard to work out why. Here are some of the reasons why our patients are loving them so much:
- Non-surgical: There is no cutting or surgery involved.
- It’s quick: It is only minimally invasive and can be performed in-clinic in as little as 30 minutes.
- All-rounder: Can treat various parts of the face including facial contours, the jawline, jowls, neck, cheeks, mid-face area and under-eye hollow.
- Minimal downtime: Unlike a traditional facelift, there is no lengthy recovery period.
- Effective: You can achieve great results with the effects noticeable for up to two years.
- No scars: As no cutting is involved, the result is entirely free of scars.
- Immediate: Bi-directional cones distributed over the suture elevate the skin so you can see the results immediately.
- More than â€˜just’ a lift: Also triggers the production of collagen in the skin to restore an overall more youthful appearance.
- Dissolvable sutures: Sutures will gradually dissolve over approximately 15 months.
- Natural result: The skin is moulded around the suture to create a natural-looking result.
What you can expect from a Silhouette Soft thread lift
The treatment itself is relatively straight-forward – your physician will start by sterilizing the treatment area and administering either a topical or local anaesthetic to numb the area. While you might feel some minimal discomfort while the suture is being inserted, you shouldn’t feel any pain.
The suture is inserted into the fat layer under the skin before your doctor gently molds and reshapes it to create the desired lifting effect. The number of sutures required will depend on the laxity and condition of your skin.
Following treatment, you should expect a minimal inflammatory reaction which is completely normal. Any swelling should subside after a couple of days.
The Silhouette Soft threads and cones will gradually dissolve in around 15 months, while the effects from the increase in collagen usually last for about two years. We usually recommend a review around this time to assess if a repeat procedure is required.
Thinking about a Silhouette Soft thread lift?
Silhouette Soft lifts are generally suitable for patients between the ages of 35 to 65 who have good skin quality and require tightening of the face and neck.
If you’re considering if a Silhouette Soft thread lift could be right for you, simply book a consultation with our Silhouette Soft expert, Dr Gordon Ku who performs hundreds of thread lift procedures every year and is one of the nation’s leading experts on non-surgical thread lift.