Enhance your appearance with a cosmetic mole removal treatment from Me Clinic. We pride ourselves in bringing you age-defying procedures such as mole removal using laser technology so you can look your best, without the pesky skin tags.
Surgical Warning: Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Read more on the Risks of Treatments
How cosmetic mole removal works
Treat yourself to the highly effective and innovative cosmetic mole removal treatment. Designed to create clearer blemish-free skin in no time, the mole removal procedure is tailored to completely remove facial moles, skin tags, and skin lesions safely and effortlessly with minimal scarring. The results are enhanced facial appearance and smoother skin.
Me Clinic offers scarless mole removal treatments suited for numerous types of moles. Read on to find out more about this highly-popular procedure.
Reasons why people remove moles
Moles, like skin tags and warts, are generally harmless and are no medical concern. So the question arises, why do so many people want to remove a mole? The answer is simple, aesthetics. Depending on their location on your face, some are just large and unsightly moles. Removing moles makes for clearer, blemish-free skin.
Other reasons why you may remove or evaluate your moles include:
- The moles are cancerous or may potentially be cancerous. Extended sun exposure can lead to skin cancer or in this case cancerous moles.
- Your moles might have changed colour and size. As you age, moles can enlarge or change colour making them a more prominent feature. Removing the enlarged moles is another effective way to enhance your appearance.
Different types of moles
In case you didn’t know, there are different types of moles and as a result, there are different mole removal options to suit your needs. Like skin tags and warts, moles are generally harmless. Different to mole biopsy, mole removal methods minimise scarring.
Common Nevi: A normal pink, tan, or brown mole with a distinct edge.
Congenital Nevi: These moles are noticed at birth. They can sometimes progress as a melanoma or skin lesion.
Dysplastic Nevi: Larger and irregularly shaped, often with uneven colour or a dark brown centre, and can develop into melanoma.
Benefits of cosmetic mole removal
The majority of mole removal procedures are done to enhance your appearance. While beauty is favourable, so is your long-term health. The benefits of cosmetic mole removal are:
- Reduced risks of skin cancer. Moles can be cancerous and mole removal means preventing the spread of cancerous cells in the body.
- Improved skin care. Moles can get in the way when rubbing against items of clothing and so on. Have yourself a cleaner shave with mole removal.
- Boost self-esteem. With the enhanced appearance and blemish-free skin, you’ll feel confident while looking your best.
What makes me eligible for cosmetic mole removal
Anyone can have a mole removal procedure done. They’re fast, effective and highly sought-after cosmetic treatments that will not break the bank. You are the perfect candidate for mole removal if you wish to have the following done:
- Skin tag removal
- Lesion removal
- Pigmentation correction
- Moles – Benign moles, Cancerous moles, Raised moles
Preparing for mole removal treatment
While mole removal is performed in local anaesthesia, there is not much to do in preparation for the treatment. We do recommend having something to eat and arriving early so you are ready and relaxed for your procedure.
Process of a mole removal
Cosmetic medicine has evolved to provide you with a plethora of age-defying techniques so you can look your best effortlessly. Mole removal is no exception. The process of mole removal surgeries will depend on the different treatments being offered.
- Excision. Performed under local anaesthetic, this surgical excision process involves using a scalpel to remove the unwanted mole and a tiny portion of skin. In cases where deep growth of the mole has taken place, sutures may be required to close the wound after the mole removal surgery.
- Shave Removal. Like an excision, local anaesthetic is also applied. The doctor will shave off layers of the raised mole until it is eradicated. While stitches are not required, you will notice a small pink patch on your skin where the mole used to be.
- Aura Laser Removal. Possibly the most common cosmetic mole removal method, laser therapy is highly popular for the removal of unwanted flat moles in hard-to-reach places. Light radiation is then used to destroy the mole tissue. It may take up to 3 treatments for the full removal of moles.
- Freezing. Also known as cryotherapy, this method is highly effective in removing moles that live on the surface of the skin. It’s a great non-surgical option. Liquid nitrogen freezes off unwanted moles for clearer and blemish-free skin.
- Radiofrequency. The use of radiowaves also known as the Ellman Surgitron shaves off the mole or lesion to reveal a smooth skin surface. The radio waves are ideal as there is no scarring or damage to the surrounding skin or tissue.
Post-treatment aftercare is manageable and simple. Protect the treated area from added moisture, such as water, sweat or dirt. Take extra precautions when having a shower. Avoid vigorous exercise during this downtime for maximised recovery and enhanced skin care for normal skin.
Side effects include some discomfort, redness or swelling. If you have any concerns please contact the Me Clinic office.
Book a consultation with a Me Clinic practitioner
Me Clinic is here to provide you with the best experience as you embark on this journey to your best self. We have over 35 years of Cosmetic Surgery experience from our team of skilled cosmetic physicians, nurses and anaesthetists to share with you. Mole removal Melbourne patients have never been happier with their results from Me Clinic.
Book yourself in for an initial consultation to review your treatment options, or fill in one of our enquiry forms. Read our terms and conditions for more information.
Can you get a mole removed for cosmetic purposes?
Absolutely. More than 50% of mole removal procedures are conducted for cosmetic purposes to enhance appearance, for better skin and overall improved skin care. Visit a Me Clinic location today to find out more.
Is mole removal safe?
Conducted in highly sterile environments and the best care cosmetic medicine can provide, mole removals are safe, effective and innovative procedures that bring out the best in you. They are not only safe but there are also numerous treatment options to suit your needs.