(Laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.)
Removing unwanted facial hair can be a chore. For those of us who tire of the weekly and monthly maintenance associated with the ritual of shaving, the pain-ridden process of waxing or the time-consuming routine of using tweezers, fret not. Laser Hair Removal is a welcome treat and a viable alternative that is fast gaining popularity.
Me Clinic has been at the forefront of laser facial hair removal. With over 35 years of cosmetic medicine experience and 20 years of experience with laser treatments, you can trust our specialised team of skilled professionals to conduct your permanent hair reduction.
Surgical Warning: Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Read more on the Risks of Treatments
Safe and effective technology
Me Clinic boasts a range of age-defying cosmetic treatments and laser hair removal equipment that guarantee optimal results that are more effective than just waxing or plucking. The procedure for unwanted hair is effective and gentle. We offer medical-grade Lasers to ensure the right Laser Treatment targets hair follicles for permanent hair reduction.
Advances in facial hair removal have resulted in laser treatments that are suited for patients with darker complexions as well as people with lighter hair colours.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal – Facial Hair
If you are hesitant to give laser hair removal a go, perhaps understanding the many benefits of this simple and effective treatment will aid in your decision-making.
Read on to know the many reasons why this is the best solution for you:
- Treatments are quick. The laser hair removal treatments are shorter than you think, so you can get back to what’s important in your life.
- Permanent reduction in unwanted hair. The laser emits a beam of light which gets absorbed by the pigment in your hair. With repeated laser treatments, the hair follicle grows back thinner and finer until eventually the hair follicle is destroyed and cannot grow back.
- Eliminate ingrown hairs. After repeated treatments, slow regrowth means you will eliminate those pesky ingrown hairs allowing for smooth skin that is also hair-free.
- Treatments are suitable for many areas. That’s right, instead of getting a bikini wax the traditional way, try laser hair removal to remove that unwanted hair in hard-to-reach places. Forget the ineffective creams, and turn to laser for your upper lip, underarms, and full facial as well as achieving that Brazilian style bikini.
- Convenient. This popular hair removal treatment takes less than 30 minutes when performed on the face.
- Minimal to no downtime. It’s performed by a skilled and experienced dermal therapist
- Cost-effective. While most individuals require an average of 4-6 treatments, the average cost of laser hair removal is cost-effective in the long run as you save more money long term. Me Clinic is happy to work out a suitable treatment plan for your budget so you can look your best.
Who can benefit from Laser Hair Removal?
Both men and women can enjoy the benefits of laser hair removal. Advances in cosmetic technology mean most people of any skin type can benefit from laser hair removal. While it is a well-known fact that patients with darker hair and fairer skin are easier to treat.
The good news is anyone wishing to have hair removed with minimal pain (no more plucking,) can turn to laser facial hair removal. This is not limited to just facial hair, or the upper lip. Laser hair removal is highly effective for those wishing to get maximum exfoliation and in the removal of unwanted hair in the underarms and the bikini line.
Suitable for all skin types
Skin tones and skin types are not as much of a deterrent as you might think when it comes to achieving a reduction of hair removal. Those with dark hair and lighter skin are easier to treat as the hair absorbs the light better, however, this treatment has seen varying degrees of success all around with people of different skin types and skin tones.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
The Laser amplifies light to produce a strong, synchronised beam that has some medical uses. In Laser Hair Removal this medical-grade laser is used to gently heat the individual hair which in turn heats the hair follicle that the hair shaft is anchored to. Since the hair pigment is darker than the surrounding skin it absorbs more light. This light is converted to heat and is transferred down to the root of the hair and eradicates the hair bulb and inhibits further growth of the hair, thus helping to remove unwanted hairs. After a few treatments, the hair does not regrow or re-grows much weaker.
What should you do before the treatment to ensure the best results?
There are several dos and don’ts we recommend at Me Clinic before undertaking a laser hair removal so you can achieve optimal results. The night before the treatment it is advised that you not use an epilator, tweezers, wax, bleach or cream to remove any of the hair that is to be treated.
If you are removing facial hair, please ensure you are not wearing any makeup.
It is pertinent that you inform the team at Me Clinic of any medications you might be on, just in case these medications can make your skin susceptible to damage from the laser.
For best results, we encourage a good skincare regime for healthy skin. Avoid excessive sun exposure, use sunscreen if you have to. Schedule the tanning salon for your fake tan long after your treatment.
What should you expect after Laser Hair Removal?
While a laser hair removal treatment is relatively pain-free, there will be some redness and swelling in the treated area following the procedure. This is normal post-treatment and you can expect the redness to subside in a day or two. To help minimise the side effects, we do recommend the following tips during recovery:
- Gently cleanse the treatment area twice daily with a soothing unscented moisturising cream. Avoid vigorous scrubbing of the skin.
- Do not have hot showers. Use only lukewarm water when taking a shower.
- Avoid chlorine and other swimming pool chemicals.
- Try to minimise activities that cause perspiration or inflammation of the skin, including strenuous exercise.
- Avoid scented body products and perfume in case of chemical reactions.
- Minimise sun exposure; use UVA/UVB sunscreen if you are outdoors
How many treatments are required?
Laser treatments are often performed during the hair’s growing phase. It usually takes between 6 and 8 sessions with approximately 4 to 6 weeks in between each treatment. If the hair growth is due to a medical condition, this can also be treated at Me Clinic.
Several factors determine how many treatments and sessions are required during laser hair removal work. Skin types, location of the treatment area and medical condition will affect how many sessions you will need. Our experience tells us that optimal results make take a little extra time but they are worth the wait and effort.
A no-obligation consultation with one of our Clinicians or Aestheticians at the Me Clinic is essential so your skin can be examined and assessed for its suitability for Laser Facial Hair Removal as well as a choice of Laser or Light Device that will work best for you. Our team of consultations are here to provide you with a suitable treatment plan.
Find out more about Laser Hair Removal treatment.
Please contact Me Clinic Australia for your initial consultation. We have been leading the way in laser hair removal technology and our skilful team of doctors have over 35 years of Cosmetic Medicine experience. We ensure you will be fully informed and understand your options before commencing any treatment.