Acne Scars unfortunately are a reminder for Acne sufferers of their past skin conditions.
What are the types of Acne Scars?
- Macular scarring is characterised by flat areas of increased and decreased pigmentation as a result of acne. Although there are no indentations in the skin or raised scars, this is nevertheless considered as a scar by many patients who have this problem.
- Boxcar scars are superficial punched out scars that have sharp vertical edges on cross section, and can be round or oval shaped when seen from above.
- Rolling scars appear as undulations in the skin and are usually caused by tethering of the skin to underlying structures Deep divots these are simply very deep scars that involve loss of subcutaneous tissue volume and result in a large divot.
- Ice-pick scars are deep but small holes in the skin, similar to the indentation left by an ice-pick.
- Hypertrophic scarring is where the scars boarders have grown wider than the original lesion Keloid scars is where the size of the scar is significantly raised, red/purple, and disproportionate to the size of the initial trauma caused by the acne.
We have over 35 years’ experience in treating Skin, Facial Rejuvenation and Cosmetic Medicine. The Treatments and Treatment Plans we have developed can effectively deal with any Skin Conditions and problems you may have, and also slow down and reverse the skin’s ageing process.
How do we treat Acne scars?
- Co2 Laser
- Cortisone Injections
- Cosmeceutical Skincare
- Depigmenting Lotion Treatments
- Epidermal Leveling Treatment
- Erbium Laser
- Fraxel Laser
- Heallite II (LED)
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- Laser Genesis
- Microdermabrasion Treatments
- Mineral Make Up
- Preventative Cosmetic Medicine ™
- Skin Needling Treatments
- Surgical Excision
- Chirally corrected Vitamin A cream (L-retinol)
A no obligation consultation with one of our Cosmetic Physicians or Clinicians and Aestheticians is essential so your skin can be examined and assessed for the most suitable Acne Scars treatments.
How do I find out more about Acne Scars and Acne Scar Treatments?
Please contact the Me Clinic. We have over 35 years of Cosmetic Medicine experience to share with you. We ensure you will be fully informed and understand your options before commencing any treatment.